Fire on Saturday night gutted the Tumu Community Centre in the Sissala East District of the Upper West Region.

The cause of fire is not immediately known but it is believed to have been caused by power surge while some football lovers were watching a match on a giant screen at the community centre.

A swift intervention from fire service personnel saved the situation as the fire almost engulfed other structures but doors and windows of one of the facilities where the incident started have all been burnt.According to a report by Ayamga Bawa Fatawu a freelance journalist in the area, the place is the only social centre that hosts most of social events in the District Capital.


Leave a Reply

error: Content is protected !!