Authorities have been urged to take a good extol at the tourist sites in the Upper West Region and the country at large to help improve tourist attractions.
Mr Jacob Dapuri, an executive member of Dagra Culture Connect, a leading cultural group in the Upper West Region, said this in an interview with Info Radio to mark this year’s World Tourism Day celebration held on the theme: “Rethink Tourism”.
He said the government should push funds into the tourism sector as it is a source of revenue generation to the country.
He further called on the general public to take good care of tourist sites around their enclave.
Mr Dapuri called on the state authorities to revisit the country’s tourism industry to work on the lapses.
He said that tourism boasts development in the nation and creates jobs for the citizenry.
Some Tourist Sites in Upper West
1. Wechiau Hippo Sactuary
2. Babile Mashroom Rock
3. Catholic Mountain in Nandom-Ko
4. Gwollu Defense Wall – Sissala West District
5. Gbelle Game Reserve
5. Ombo Rock in Nadowli-Kaleo
6.Wa Naa’s Palace – Wa
7. Nakore’s Ancient Mosque – Wa
8. Balawa Traditional Bone Setting Centre – Wa
9. Jonga Traditional Bone Setting Centre – Wa
10. Royal Cossy Hotel – Jirapa
11. Busa Mystery Rock