On the 29th of September 2022, the Speaker of Parliament handed over a citizens funded Ambulance to the Upper West Regional Hospital.
The Cost of it was disclosed to be Ghc155,000.
HANDOVER OF UPPER WEST AMBULANCE PROJECT AND MATTERS ARISING:
1. The Rt. Hon. Speaker of Parliament contributed more than his physical presence at the handover ceremony. The Rt. Hon. Speaker contributed Fifty Thousand Ghana Cedis (Ghs50,000.00) to the project.
2. According to the leader of the Upper West Ambulance project, Hajia Hadija Erasung, the Ghc50,000 was spent on the following cost components of the ambulance project: Oxygen cylinder set and installations with oxygen flow, BP monitor, Cervical Collar, Oximeter, Nasal prongs, Arm sling, Head immobilizer, Spine board with fasteners, Patients stretchers, Half, Drope and Ambu bag. Some other fixtures sponsored by the Ghc50,000 in the Ambulance include: Plastic Sharp containers, Gauze Sponge, Peha-haft bondage, Thermometer gun, Cutisoft, First aid box(stocked), Tourniquet, Additional Cylinder and Flowmetre, Humidifier. The rest are: Brand new tyres, Servicing, Air condition installation, Fuel and T&T for Driver to Wa.
3. It is worthy of note that Mr. Speaker was not the organizer of the Ambulance for Upper West Hand-Over Ceremony. He attended the programme as the Guest of Honour. He was invited by the organizers to assist in gracing this important occasion, which he accepted in good faith because, among other things, he deemed it as service for the development of the region and Mother Ghana at large.
4. As such, apart from the Staff of his Secretariat, all other personalities and individuals who accompanied the Rt. Hon. Speaker to the function did so out of the genuine love and great respect they have for him and not because he gave them any special invitations.
5. It is the fervent hope and prayer of the Rt. Hon. Speaker that the ambulance is put to its intended use. He further hopes that the good people of the Upper West Region will continue to contribute their best in executing such projects for the growth and development of the region.