The Ghana National Fire Service has lamented the current fire outbreaks happening in the senior high schools in the region.
Fire has gutted three senior high schools in the region in a spate of one month.
These schools are the Wa Senior Technical School, Eremon Senior High Technical School and the Ullo Senior High School which had its dining hall burnt yesterday at dawn.
Speaking on Info Radio’s late afternoon show Ti Zine Yiri Yele, Divisional Fire Officer Grade II, (DOII) Mr Adam Issahaku, the Upper West Sub Regional In-Charge said the situation is unbearable.
He said the havoc might be caused by administrative negligence.
He noted that if leaders of the institutions constantly monitor the activities of students, they could prevent these incidents.
He called on all secondary schools to get fire detectors and extinguishers in the schools.
DOII Mr Issahaku said the causes of these fire outbreaks can be linked to the use of Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) and illegal electrical connections.
Mr Adam Issahaku noted that qualified electrical engineers should be employed to do any electrical installations to prevent such fires.
He added that house owners should make sure they build in gables to serve as fire breaks in case of any unfortunate fire incident.
Source: Info Radio