The Auditor Generals Report of 2021 has revealed that the Wa Municipal Assembly Headed by Mr. Issahaku Tahiru Moomin could not mobilize revenue totalling Ghc9,970, causing financial loss to the state.
The Auditor Recommended that Management of the assembly should take effective measures to recover all outstanding revenue without further delay.
Uncollected Revenue – GH¢9,770.00
569. Regulation 46 of the Public Financial Management Regulations, 2019 (L.I. 2378) requires that, a Principal Spending Officer shall ensure that non-tax revenue is efficiently collected.
570. We however noted that, management of Wa Municipal Assembly could not collect revenue amounting to GH¢9,770.00. Details provided below:
571. This could deprive the Assembly of funds for its developmental
572. We recommended to management of the assembly to take effective measures to recover all outstanding revenue without further delay.
576. We advised management to continue to engage with GIFMIS secretariat to resolve their challenges and ensure that all their future payments are process through the GIFMIS platform.
Get Breakfast Served from Handy Foods in Wa