A Two Weeks old baby has died in a fire Accident after a house in Dobile, a Suburb of Wa Municipality was raised by fire today 29th January 2023.
The Ghana National Fire Serve was called to the Scene and was able to put out the fire on the Building with GPS Number H936 JOSS – ST XW-0104-3210 as at 9am in the Morning.
Hon. Seidu Abubakari, Assembly Member for Duori Electoral Area explained that the Issue has been handed over to the police and efforts are in place to investigate issues surrounding the Fire Disaster.
“I was informed around 8am in the Morning that a house was being raised by fire in my Electoral Area so I rushed to the scene only to witness the irreversible Development, fire officers were present and were able to put out the fire but its sad that every Property in the house was destroyed by fire, it’s unfortunate the fire took the life of a baby close to one month old, that is the information we have…”
He also highlited on the role police were playing.
“Police were here and they came immediately after the fire officers arrived, they adviced that people shouldn’t go close to the building because it had become weak and could collapse on anyone, they left two officers Behind to monitor and keep people away from the Building.”
He concluded that 5 people were in the Building as at the the the fire started but four came out alive leaving a child dead. The circumstances surrounding the child’s death we’re not immediately disclosed. Parent of the deceased child have been admitted at the Upper West Regional Hospital.