Residents of Kpaguri were in a state of Shock after a security Man was found dead and shallowly burried within the area per police reports, according to eyewitnesses, his intestines and other parts of his body are missing.
The Upper West Regional Police Command through its public Relations Unit has released a statement Explaining the development on the 1st of August 2022 and measures taken to address it
UW: A 62 YEAR OLD PRIVATE SECURITY MAN SUSPECTED TO HAVE BEEN MURDERED AND BURIED SHALLOWLY AT KPAGURI
1. The Upper West Regional Police Command wishes to confirm that, On Saturday, July 30, 2022 at about 10:55am, Police received information that, Mumuni Jartoe now deceased left home for work at Kpaguri, a suburb of Wa on Friday, July 29, 2022 at about 8:00pm and did not return.
2. A search party was organized to look for the deceased, whiles Police intelligence was ongoing till when the deceased’s body was discovered in a shallow grave in an uncompleted building opposite the stores he guards at kpaguri on Sunday, July 31, 2022 at about 11:00am.
3. Body of deceased was exhumed with the assistance of the Municipal Environment Hecalth Directorate and same conveyed to the Regional Hospital/Wa, where the Medical Doctor on duty confirmed subject dead.
4. The body has since been deposited at same Hospital morgue for preservation and autopsy.
5. The general public is implored to exercise restraint and assist Police with vvitali to unearth the activities of these miscreants for peacefulc whiles swift investigation is underway.