Three sisters hostel at Kunfabiala near the University for Development Studies, Bamahu Campus was yesterday night 2nd July Attacked by Unknown Robbers.

The robbers who were well armed shot and nearly killed a student of the hostel attemping to raise alarm for other residents to come inn.

This incident occurred around 9pm at night when the student were in their rooms.

The student attacked is by name Harry Amankwah, a  final Year Student of  Economics Department. interviewed one of the student by name Selorm and he said ” The attackers came around 9pm when we were indoors, they turned our meter off to darken the place, in the process his[robber] hand touched the door in a form of someone knocking on it, my friend[Harry Amankwah] thought someone was after him so he came to open and all of a sudden was pushed to the floor by a masked man. There was physical battle between the two and in the process the masked man used a knife on my friend, his shoulder, thigh and back was butchered by the robber after which he  shot bullets into my room, the bullets penetrated through to my mirror and wall after which they again blew a warning shot to scare us away.

Our friend was later that  night taken to the school’s clinic[UDS] for first aid and after which he was transferred to the regional hospital, at the regional hospital we were asked for his health insurance card before treatment can proceed and even in the process they didn’t  bother to attend to the patient in his bleeding condition, he lost a lot of blood there and after which he was transferred to Kumasi through an Ambulance which demanded Ghc1,200. He is currently receiving treatment at A Kumasi Based hospital.”

” We found one of the criminals at the hospital seeking for  treatment after he secured woundS on his hands so were signaled the police to arrest him for interrogation, he is currently in police custody.” he said.

The final year students have complained of their lives being at risk if nothing is done about the issue within the shortest possible time.

The police are currently on the case.

Credit: Tuorimuo Elvis Phillip/