Wa Polytechnic through its Entrepreneurship and Innovation Directorate in collaboration with the University of Kara, Togo and Social Entrepreneurs International, a U.S based Non-Governmental Organization, has signed a tripartite Memorandum of Understanding to provide adequate and competitive training to face the challenges of unemployment of young people in Togo and Ghana.
The two Institutions and SE International are committed to pooling their efforts in the terms set out in this Memorandum of Understanding.
The main objective of this cooperation framework between Wa Polytechnic, Kara University and SE International is established with a view to promoting social entrepreneurship and engaging in joint projects of common interest to ensure that the youth receive employable skills.
It will also provide a framework for discussing the mobility of Togolese and Ghanaian students and staff within the framework of innovation, entrepreneurship and bilingual opportunities.
The specific objectives of the collaboration include but not limited to:
– Entrepreneurial and practical training;
– Research and innovation;
– Value addition to local products;
– Technical cooperation for vocational training and industrial development;
– Mobilization of resources for the realization of project objectives;
– International cooperation through mobility programmes for students, teachers, Administrative and Technician staff of Wa Polytechnic and the University of Kara;
– The improvement of bilingual skills of students, teachers, Administrative and Technician staff of Wa Polytechnic and the University of Kara.
By: Abdul Rahman Marcus