The Auditor General’s Report for 2021 has spotted some Accounting Misappropriations within the Dr. Hilla Limann Technical University.
The Report Revealed that Management had resorted to fake receipts to collect Fees from Students of the University.
The Auditor Recommended that Subsequently, Management should either buy the value books from the Controller and Accountant-General’s Department or seek approval before printing.
Statement from the Auditor’s Report
Per the Report, the University’s Accounts Department Used fake receipts in collecting fees without Approval of the Controller and Accountant General Department, Leading to Loss of Revenue to the State.
Usage of Unauthorised Receipt Booklets
516. Regulation 147 of the Public Financial Management Regulations, 2019(L.I. 2378), specifies among others that, the Controller and Accountant-General is responsible for approving the form and content of value books andordering supplies of value books from the printers.
517. We noted that Management of the University procured 173 (401 9000)receipt books which were being used to collect revenue without seeking approval from the Controller and Accountant-General.
518. The anomaly was due to Management’s failure to obtain value books or seek approval for printing of the value books from the Controller and Accountant-General’s Department (CAGD).
519. This anomaly could lead to revenue malpractice such as using fake,duplicate, and fictitious receipts to collect fees, leading to loss of revenue to the University.
520. We recommended to Management to seek approval from CAGD for the usage of the receipt books. Subsequently, Management should either buy the value books from the Controller and Accountant-General’s Department or seek approval before printing.
521. Management accepted the recommendation for compliance.
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel for More Video Updates [Click Here]