Electorates of Sissala East Constituency in the Upper West Region have outlined their expectations to their lawmaker for the next 4 years he will be staying in parliament.
Some major concerns they express were about their Major roads leading to Leo, Bolga and Wa.
Mr. Amidu Chinnia, Current Deputy Regional Minister of Upper West is MP-Elect for Sissala East Constituency.
Upon interaction with Sissala East Constituents, these are the priority areas of the people to our MP elect and which ever president that is sworn and also not excluding the Fomena MP elect who is now a hot cake in our governance as at now.
These include but not limited to :
1) Lobby for the Fixing of the Wa-Tumu – Bolgatanga Road
2) Lobby for the Siting of Tumu Border at Boundary with Burkina Faso
3) Lobby for the Fixing Tumu Leo Road
4) Lobby for the FixingTumu – Wahabu Road
5) Lobby for additional Structures for Tumu Midwifery Training College
6) Lobby for the Up-grade of Sissala East Municipal Hospital
7) Lobby for Up-grade Welembelle hospital into a Polyclinic
8) Lobby for UP-grade of the Nabugubelle clinic
9) Lobby for Fixing Welembelle and Sakai Town water Systems
10) Lobby for Fixing Bugubelle – Tarsaw – Kulfuo – Challu – Bakwala – Tumu Road.
11) Lobby for Fixing Kassana – Tanvieli main Bridge
12) Supply Furniture to Tumu Midwifery Training College
13) Facilitate the incorporation of Health Assistant Program in Tumu Midwifery Training College
14) Collaborate with Sissala West District to Create a Market around Kupulima
15) Lobby or Facilitate the fixing of Welembelle to Santijan Road
16) Lobby for the Fixing Duu East to Bawisibelle main Bridge
17) Lobby for the Fixing Kunchogu to Wuru Road and also connect them to national grid
18) Facilitate telephony connections in Distance communities
19) Lobby or Facilitate the building of Nabugubelle Market
20) Lobby for the Fixing Santie to Bugubelle Road and Santie to Sakalu
21) Lobby for or Facilitate St Clare’s Vocational Institute to benefit from Government feeding program
22) Nmanduanu to Yigantu main Bridge be fixed
23) Lobby for or Facilitate the Completion of the Welembelle Day Senior High school
24) Sponsor brilliant but needy students to study medicine
25) Scout for medical Doctors for Tumu and Welembelle Hospitals
26) Facilitate the Creation a place for artisans in Tumu (Magazin)
27) Lobby for youth in Apprenticeship program
28) Facilitate zonal accessibility of subsidized fertilizer to needy Farmers
29) Lobby for Rearing for food and and export program in Sissala East Municipal
30) Electricity extension in Tumu Township and other communities
31) Facilitate the development of potential Tourist sites in Sissala East Municipal
32) Develop an Eco-village in Wahabu
33) Lobby for the scaling up of beneficiaries of LEAP
34) Institute measures to ensure revenue mobilization
35) Lobby for an inland port for the Tumu border
36) Put into good shape the Tumu main Lorry Station
37) Lobby to bring NGOs into Sissala East Municipal
38) Lobby to bring investors both locals and foreigners into Sissala East Municipal
39) Creation of more Tumu Town roads and Fixing of those roads.
40) Lobby for befitting Irrigation dams not dug – outs for the Municipality
41) Lobby for the fixing of the Duu East to Bawisibelle main Bridge
42) Opening up of Road from Bawisibelle to Kormo, Sakai to Pieng, Tanvieli to Kunsolo to Wuru
43) Create An MP’s office purely non – partisan to receive concerns from constituents
44) Lobby for a Cattle Market in Sissala East Municipal
45) Lobby for one of the modern Technical /Vocational School.
Source: Opera News Ghana